CT Scans at Cape Road Dental
We have invested in our very own CT Scanner so that our patients can benefit from the latest technology.
A CT scan enables us to assess and plan your dental implant treatment safely and accurately. It is also essential to identify structures such as nerves, root tips and sinuses. With a cone beam CT image, we can present you with a 3D, visual image of your situation and it enables us to plan the precise pinpoint placement of implants prior to surgery. Cone beam CT scans ensure predictable, long-lasting results. Cone beam technology emits very small amounts of radiation during the CT scan, so we can say that a CT scan is very safe! In fact, the imaging requires less radiation than a traditional X-ray and the cone beam technology emits 80 to 100 times less radiation than a traditional medical CT scan of the same area.
What are the benefits?
With cone beam CT imaging you can experience:
- Lowest radiation possible
- Quick easy and comfortable scan of the mouth, face and jaw
- Immediate virtual diagnosis and treatment planning in one visit
- More security and less time during surgery
- Easy sharing with patient or referring doctors